Exchange Student

Q1: How do I apply as an international exchange student to MCU?

A: Exchange students are nominated by MCU’s partner institutions. Please contact the international office at your home institution about the nomination procedure. For more information, please visit MCU IEE website <> and click on Exchange (Inbound), or email for assistance.

Q2: Is a language proficiency certificate necessary to apply to MCU as an international exchange student?

A: Language proficiency certificate is not required for the application. Exchange students are selected and recommended by our partner institutions. We rely on our partner institutions to ensure that students coming to study at MCU have a sufficient level of English or Mandarin to cope in an academic environment. It is advised students have a level similar to TOEFL IBT 61, IELTS 5 or TOEIC 550 for English-taught courses// TOCFL B2 level or HSK 4 for Chinese-taught courses.